Get ready to dive into Oceans of Possibilities Summer Reading 2022 at the Schiller Park Public Library! Readers of all ages are encouraged to make a splash and join us through the summer for in-person ocean themed programs and activities, beginning with our registration kick-off days June 6-8. Register online, log minutes, and view upcoming program and events.
How it Works:
• Register online on our website or in-person in Children’s World at the Schiller Park Public Library starting June 6.
• Participants are challenged to read and log at least 60 minutes a week for five weeks from June 6 – July 23.
• Paper logs are available in the Children’s Department and also available to print from our website.
Log reading beings June 6. Last day to submit reading is July 23.
Once you’ve read your reading goal for the week, submit using the following options:
• Option 1: Log your progress online through schillerparklibrary.org.
• Option 2: Turn-in your completed reading log to staff in Children’s World.
• Option 3: A photo of a completed reading log may be emailed weekly to email@example.com OR a list of book titles read and your total reading minutes for that week can be emailed. Please subject the email: Reading Log and include participants first and last name, and phone number in the email.
• Option 4: Turn-in your completed reading log in the library return outdoor book drop (open 24/7 for your convenience).
Reading books, eBooks, graphic novels / comic books, magazines / newspapers, listening to audiobooks, and reading with someone all counts towards reaching your reading goal!
Read & Win
Upon completion of the Summer Reading Program Reading Goal (60 minutes a week for five weeks), participants are eligible to receive a FREE Paperback book (readers choice) and a prize pack, while supplies last. Please have all reading logged and submitted by Friday, July 23 to receive the prize pack. Paperback books and prize packs will begin being distributed for pick-up on Tuesday, August 3.
Readers of all ages that complete the reading goal will be entered in a drawing to win a grand prize raffle basket including gift cards and more! Winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received and notified.
And There’s More!
Kids, teens and adults visit the library’s website or social media pages to check out the latest in in-person, drop-in, and outdoor programming and service offerings this summer.
Thank you! Summer Reading 2022 Sponsors
The Schiller Park Public Library would like to thank the following businesses and organizations for their generous support to our Summer Reading: